Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yummy Rice Recipe

I'm not sure this picture looks very appetizing, but trust me, it was delicious. I had two servings and made my tummy hurt, but I couldn't help it. I'd been craving some cheesy rice since day before yesterday, so today I went onto Allrecipes.com and type that in the search box. Several recipes came up, but this one caught my eye. I halved this recipe when I made it for just Barnaby and me. It still made plenty for probably 6 people. So unless you're cooking for a crowd, I recommend you half it also. It's easy to do.

One note...I mixed all of the green chilies and about 2/3 of the cheese into the rice and then sprinkled the rest of the cheese on top rather than layering it.

Cheesy Green Chili Rice

• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
• 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
• 2 cups sour cream
• 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
• salt & pepper to taste
• 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
• 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with half of the chilies and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.

4 comments:

  1. I love Allrecipes. I have a pretty full recipe box there. This sounds really good. I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really looks good. I wish you lived closer, I hate to see you have all that extra food laying around when for some reason I am absolutely starving tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That really looks good, so I'm copying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now That Looks Good!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥