Wednesday, July 01, 2009

So There

I cannot find good watermelon around here to save my soul. It sucks. It's either mealy and mushy, or it has no taste at all. Yuck. Patooey! (That's a spit noise in case you're wondering.) I'm going to stop wasting my money. I am boycotting watermelon. So there.

I'm seriously considering dieting and that makes me mad because I thought I'd never have to diet again after spending $30K. That made me cringe to type that figure. I've kind of sort of started already, but I just can't commit by saying it. I'm not cutting out carbs totally, but I'm seriously reducing them, especially after 3:00. And the ones before three have to be whole grain or milk products or the fruit & veggie kind. That's it. We'll see how much good it does over the next week. Remember what happened when I went 20-something days without sugar? Yeah, me too. Absolutely nothing...to the ounce! Although we might not know for sure because I'm not weighing this time. I'm boycotting the scales too! So there.

And I may have gotten out some hand weights from underneath the bed this morning. That's all I'm saying about the "e" word. You know what? That's right. I'm boycotting the "e" word. But just the word, not the act. Get it? Good. So There.

I've started crocheting a new shawl that is absolutely gorgeous, if I may say so myself. It'll take me several days to complete it, but you'll see it when it's done. No fighting over it. This one is mine! I'm keeping it so I can stare at it. I might let you borrow it if you tell me how skinny and pretty I am because I'm shallow like that. So there.

I just ordered five tee-shirts online the other day that are exactly alike except the color. It's a scoop-neck tee with 3/4" sleeves. They are my favorite tee-shirt ever, and I always order at least two every summer. Of course, black is always on the list. I've stopped ordering the white one because I always ruin it with a stain before I get my money's worth out of it. And I'm not telling you where I get it or you'll just copy me and ruin my uniqueness. Okay, maybe not, but I'm still not telling you. So there.

Oh my...I just realized it's July. July is bad. It's so freakin' hot! And expensive to keep the house cool! Okay, cold. I like it cold, people. I will cut expenses anywhere else except the electric bill for air conditioning. I declared a long time ago that I will be cool and comfortable in my own home. Some day I might be poor and unable to afford it, but right now I can so I will. So there.

I can't think of anything else to say so I'm just bluntly ending this blog entry. I'm not even saying goodbye. So what?

3 comments:

  1. Are you buying seedless watermelon? I have found that anytime I buy a seedless watermelon it is mealy and grainy like you said. I think it is because they are genetically modified freaks of nature! If you buy the giant seeded watermelon I don't think that I have ever bought a bad one. PLUS...you get to spit watermelon seed like a 5-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you buying seedless watermelon? I have found that anytime I buy a seedless watermelon it is mealy and grainy like you said. I think it is because they are genetically modified freaks of nature! If you buy the giant seeded watermelon I don't think that I have ever bought a bad one. PLUS...you get to spit watermelon seed like a 5-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...don't buy the seedless ones. I hate the seeds but they taste so much better if they have seeds!

    I know what you mean about the "D" word and the "E" word. I went back to my therapist this week and recommitted, got focused, and made a plan, stopped at the health food store on my way home, and shopped today after work too. Unfortunately, I have to put that much effort into this or it's just not going to work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥