Monday, July 27, 2009

Rainy Day Monday

It's very cozy at my house today. It's been very dark outside since I got up four hours ago, a gentle rain has been falling, and thunder has been gently rumbling. (Except for just now when I typed this and a giant lightening bolt struck somewhere very near...bam! It scared the crap out of me.)

So...I'd better not stay online for long. I don't want to blow up my computer, don't ya know.

Anyway, I've been drinking coffee and snuggling on the couch with my doggies. I just ate some leftover lazagna that my mom made and gave us. It's terrific. It's made with layered egg noodles instead of lazagna noodles, and it's better than any lasagna I've ever made. I'll have to get the recipe and share it with you. I talked to her last night and told her how good it was, and she told me it was a recipe that a fellow teacher had given her 30 years ago when she had surgery and they were all bringing over food for a week.

I'm not crocheting anything. I haven't found anything I really want to do right now. I'm waiting for a shawl pattern to arrive in the mail so I can start it with a friend. She's crocheting the same one, and we're going to do it at the same time. We've both got our yarn all ready to go, and now we're just waiting on the pattern. These merchants on the internet need to get with the program and provide all their patterns as downloads rather than having to wait for snail mail to send a printed copy. Come on people!

I'm going now to enjoy the rain and a lazy-feeling day. I see a nap in my near future. I hope your day is as pleasant and enjoyable as mine has been so far. Bye-bye now.

3 comments:

  1. I know that you and your "friend" will have a FAN-TAB-U-LOUS time making the shawl together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam!

    That Lasagna sounds wonderful! I'll be waiting for the recipe. Paul & I love Lasagna.

    I think LionBrand.com gives you patterns that you just download. Take a look there when the storm is over. I don't want your computer to get ZAPPED. ( I'm always unplugging my computer if I so much as hear far away thunder. )

    Have a good nap with your furry friends. :-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm Lazagna. My fav!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥