Friday, July 10, 2009

Mmm Good!

Yep, it was good. My dumplings kind of disintegrated so that's why you see all the basil in it. I found the dumplings were much much better after it sat awhile. We ate it almost immediately after it was done, and the dumplings just kind of disappeared in your mouth instead of being more solid. So if you make it, let it sit 15 minutes or so after you make it before serving. But it's a keeper. I'll definitely make it again. (See previous entry for link to recipe.)

My neighbor has somebody over there working on their alarm system. It just went off and it was REALLY LOUD music! I've never heard an alarm that was music before. It sounded like music from Harry Potter or something...like witches and goblins should be flying around the house. That would really freak those burglars out, wouldn't it? It was weird but kind of cool too. I want one!

Crochet stuff:

Well, I started two different projects. Why do I do that? I must have CADD or something. That's Crochet Attention Deficit Disorder, in case you were wondering.


I started a star afghan yesterday that Carol sent me the pattern for. Thanks, Carol! I only got through the first color (it's a dark purple). If I told you what the other colors were going to be you'd say, "Yuck!" So I'm not going to tell you. I think they'll look good together, but you'll just have to wait and see.

And then last weekend...

I started the pineapple tablecloth. I got really far, didn't I? I decided to go ahead and use thread because it's just prettier. I also decided to go with red because I just like it. I just hope I'm able to figure out how to add more pineapple rows to make it bigger. If not, I guess I'll just have a giant 17-inch doily on my table. That would be okay too.

Maybe Rita will help me if I get stuck? (Hi, Rita!) Rita actually knows what she's doing.

Okay, I'm off to start my weekend early. My partner is handling the business today! Yay! Y'all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh shoot! It's 7:31 and I guess I'm too late for dinner. It looks good! Are there any leftovers? (0;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it could be THEREMIN music. Have you looked at my blog lately?

    OOoooo! RED! I love it already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥