Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I am thwarted at every turn with this red pineapple tablecloth! Me thinks someone might be trying to tell me not to make it.

Since I finally got the thread in the mail to work on it again, I picked it up a few minutes ago and began crocheting. After about 15 minutes, I dropped the hook and it went between the cushions of the loveseat and down into its bowels. I got up and shewed (shued?) all the dogs off of it, turned it over on its back (which I'm an idiot for doing because of my neck/back/age/luck), jostled it around, turned it up again and around and upside down and sideways, but the hook never shook loose. I can't even see it or hear it rattling around in there. And, of course, it's the only hook I have in that size. Grrr!

So again I'll put it aside and wait and see if Barnaby can find the crochet hook when he gets home tonight. In the meantime, I guess I'll see what else I can do.

This tablecloth is starting to get on my nerves.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that the way it always goes? In your hand one minute and gone the next -- down into the "bowels of hell" -- or some such place. It is enough to drive one to drink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known that frustration sometimes lose hooks in the darnest places then there are times everything seems to fall on floor then I say maybe I should just sit on the floor throw
    everything there and I won't have far to go. You will get it back then you can start again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Don't you just hate it when you have a time like that when you are trying to be creative?!!! Sounds like your crochet hook took a trip to the Twilight Zone....doo doo dee dee doo doo dee dee....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥