Thursday, July 23, 2009

Food!

I made this last night for dinner. It was quick and easy and really good. I used 2 of the larger cans (12.5 oz. each) of all-white chicken chunks instead of starting with raw chicken. Other than that, I followed the directions exactly. I thought it was a little salty, but I had already added soy sauce at that point, so maybe it was my fault. I'll definitely buy this again. There may be other varieties, but I really didn't pay attention.

I just put a meatloaf together and got it in the oven. Barnaby wants meatloaf sandwiches for dinner and he likes the meatloaf to be cold. It's kind of nice to have the dinner cooking done so early in the day!

Yesterday I made an Eclair Dessert. I don't know if I've posted this recipe before or not, but it's an easy dessert that always gets raves and recipe requests. Here it is:

Eclair Dessert

27 whole graham crackers, halved
3 cups cold milk
2 small pkgs Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 tub Cool Whip (the smaller size)
16 oz can chocolate fudge frosting

Arrange a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan to cover.

Mix vanilla pudding mix and milk together and whisk 2 minutes. Gently fold in the Cool Whip. Spread half of the pudding over the graham crackers. Add another layer of graham crackers and then the rest of the pudding. Add one more layer of graham crackers on top.

Microwave your frosting for 1 minute without the lid. Stir. If frosting has not melted into a smooth, pourable liquid, microwave 30 seconds more and stir. Pour frosting on top of the last layer of graham crackers. Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight before serving. This gives the graham crackers time to soften properly. You don't want them the least bit crunchy!


I snagged this picture off of the Internet so you could see what it looks like. I didn't take a picture of mine. An by the way, I halved this recipe and made it in a 9" x 9" pan for us and it worked fine.

7 comments:

  1. That Looks Good. I just might try it. :-) I'll cut the recipe in half. ( There is just the 2 of us. now.)

    The Asian Helper you have posted just screams High Sodium to me. My Tip: Even when I use Lipton Onion Soup Mix... I just use half of the seasoning packet. Try it sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made the eclair recipe before and you are right -- it is ALWAYS a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea on the Asian dinner never thought to buy chix already cooked. What a neat idea I have to check the store next for this. Thank you for a great idea. Did you get your hook back yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look around my grocery store and see if they have that Asian Helper stuff. It's funny how I just go in there with tunnel vision and buy the same old stuff all the time...never looking at anything new... I wish I was as bored with eating food as I am with shopping for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have GOT to check out this shawl pattern!

    http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page12536.htm

    Shall we make one together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks delish! I'll have to try that! I just finished the fettuchini alfredo from Pioneer Woman. Eclair dessert would just hit the spot now! *lol* Thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pammy Sue,

    I bought that yesterday... BUt instead of chicken, I'm using shrimp. ( Kroger has BOGO on their Shrimp.) :-)

    I'll let you know how it turns out.
    :-)
    ~ Susan

    myhookandI.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥