Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Fiddle-Dee-Dee

Here's the potholder I made today. If you can't see the colors, it's sage green & brown. I used I Love This Cotton yarn in Camo Print. I love those colors together. It's a really thick potholder/hotpad because you make two and crochet them together. I got the pattern HERE in the kitchen section.

I've been eyeballing a large round pineapple doily today. I want to make it in cotton yarn as a tablecloth for my dining table. My dining table is round without the leaf in it, which is the way it stays most of the time unless I need a big space to work or block something or we're having company for dinner. I don't have a tablecloth I like for it, so I think I'll just make me one. It'll probably take me longer than I think, but whatever. I just love the way crocheted pineapple stuff looks, and it'll be a treasure when I'm finished. The pattern is 17 inches when crocheted in #10 thread, so I'm hoping it'll be perfect for my 48-inch dining table when crocheted with yarn instead. If not, I'm sure I can improvise if I need another row of pineapples.

Here's a picture of it:


Ain't it purdy? The pattern is HERE and that's where I got the picture too.

What color do y'all think I should make it? I really like the off-white color, but if I spilled something or somebody else spilled something, I'm afraid I might come unglued and make an ass of myself. We can't have that. Maybe black or red? I bet red would be beautiful and wouldn't clash with my brown dining room. Or I could just go ahead and make it off-white or white and get a piece of glass cut to fit exactly over my table? I wonder how much that would cost? It would probably be so heavy it would smash the design, huh? I don't really want to do that. I guess I need to think about it before I start.

I ended up either listening or watching Michael Jackson's funeral today totally by accident. It wasn't something I'd planned on doing, but when it came on and Maria Carey started singing, I just left it on. It ended up being pretty good overall.

I'm gonna go heat up some leftover penne pasta for my supper (so much for avoiding carbs!). Barnaby is golfing and won't be home until around 8:00-ish. I think Tori & Dean comes on tonight at 9:00. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll do.

Ho-hum and fiddle-dee-dee. I have no idea what that means or why I said that, but "fiddle-dee-dee" always reminds me of Scarlet O'Hara. And green velvet always reminds me of that dress she made herself out of curtains.

I think I'm starting to ramble so I'd better go. Bye.

3 comments:

  1. I have a crochetted table cloth. It's white cotton thread. I just love it! And SURPRISE SURPRISE...it washes beautifully. I just hang it to dry and put it back on the table. I never stress about anything getting spilled on it because it always washes up so nice. Besides, I mean if we're having spaghetti or something that stains really bad, I take the thing off the table. It's really just a decorative table cloth not a "working" table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pineapple pattern it really would look nice on a table.
    I like your potholders too what a neat stitch on it. If I had the pineapple tablecloth and I knew that the meal may have something that would permantly stain it could use a heavy duty plastic on top of it. Or just take it off for the meal. Then just put it back on after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my crocheted tablecloth. It's out of thread too. I put a regular tablecloth on and then the crocheted one on top. When we have something I would be concerned about staining it, I pull it off and there's the other tablecloth underneath. I made a doily using lace weight yarn and it turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥