Monday, July 06, 2009

Decaffeinated

Well, whether I want to be or not, I'm off the coffee. It just tastes terrible to me all of the sudden. Weird! I even cleaned my coffee machine inside and out, but it didn't make a difference. Hubby says it doesn't taste any different to him, so i guess it's just me. I never did get a no-caffeine headache either. Double-weird! I have been drinking iced tea, but not enough to make up for all the caffeine in the amount of coffee I was drinking.


For about the last two weeks I've noticed that smell of smoke a lot more often. (I explained all of that in an entry many moons ago HERE.) I've always had it occasionally since that first year, but it's been noticeably more prevalent lately. I wonder if that has anything to do with my taste buds? It would make sense, but it's never happened before. Or maybe the Botox injections in my vocal cord muscles had some weird effect on my taste buds?

I'm not crocheting anything at the moment. I keep changing my mind about what I want to do. It'll come to me eventually. In the meantime, I've organized my yarn stash (again) and have just been sitting here not doing anything. It's been a whole ONE DAY. Ha-ha. I guess it's not a crisis yet.

I haven't cooked or baked anything of note lately. Barnaby cooked a pork loin on the grill yesterday, and oh my lordie was it good. I made some 90-second Uncle Ben's rice in the microwave and heated up a can of seasoned French-style green beans to go with it. I know. Don't put yourself out, Pam. But it was a good Sunday dinner even though it took absolutely no effort on my part. And Saturday I just threw together some penne pasta and store-bought sauce, mixed with some Italian diced tomatoes and some herbs and spices.

We did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary over the holiday weekend. We didn't even make it to the mall to people-watch like I'd planned. I think we made one trip to Wal-mart, mostly for groceries.

An air conditioning man is supposed to come today to give our unit the once-over and make sure everything is okay with it. It's been working its ass off in this 104-degree heat, and we just want to make sure everything is as it should be. After he leaves, I need to runs some errands and pick up a few things at Target.

Are you green with envy at my exciting life yet? Didn't think so. But do you see how I made those words green to keep it interesting for you? I'm just a giver like that.

Tootles.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I also have smelled smoke I live in an apartment and no matter how enclose your home is sometimes there are heavy smokers here and I can smell it in my apartment. I also tell a smoker when I walk by them and almost gag if they are a heavy smoker. I am more tune in to smoke now when I was four the apartment we live in a neighbor's refrigerator caught on fire. Even if they walk by the front of apartment I can smell the smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the coffee thing is just temporary. Every once-in-a-while something weird happens like that to me and something will start tasting wierd or smelling weird. All last week...every time I opened up a can of cat food, I would swear there was a gas leak somewhere. It was very strange.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥