Friday, June 12, 2009

She's BAD!

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm sick of seeing Melissa Gilbert's face on my TV yammering about her new book and what an alcoholic she used to be and how she has been sober for five years now. This is what I heard her say yesterday in a TV interview:

Interviewer: How bad was your alcohol use?

MG: It was BAD.

Interviewer: How bad?

MG: Well, I was drinking a bottle to a bottle and a half of wine in the evenings.

HA! I swear, I nearly choked on my dinner when she said that. I thought she was going to say a bottle to a bottle and a half of VODKA or something. But wine? She obviously does not know what "Bad" means in terms of alcoholism. Pa-LEEZE!

I probably shouldn't belittle someone else's "alcoholism" but come on. All I have to compare it to is my own which was truely out of control and excessive by anyone's standards.

Okay, that's all about that. I just wish her book tour would end so I wouldn't have to see her anymore. It makes me mad.

In October of 2004, I got drunk for the last time. So I guess my sobriety has to start over from there even though it was probably somewhere in the late 1990s when I quit drinking in earnest.

How did I get on this subject? It was that damn Melissa Gilbert, wasn't it. She just rubs me the wrong way. I think she's very pretty though. I hate to bash her without saying something nice.

2 comments:

  1. I saw part of the interview and thought she would say it was whiskey or vodka by the gallon too but a bottle and a half of wine. I like her in some movies but, the interview made me turn her off I found her too sickly sweet in the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:12 AM

    I didn't see it, but that is funny, I thought you were gonna say a bottle of vodka, gin, everclear, not wine...hell a box of wine would have been more dramatic. Maybe living in that little house for so long was to much???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥