Saturday, June 06, 2009

*Updated* My Balls Are Freezing

Get your minds out of the gutter, people! Hee-hee. I couldn't resist.


I've just made cake balls and they are in the freezer as I type. When they're ready, I'll do the dipping part and they'll be ready. They are already delicious. I know that because I can't help myself from having a taste every step of the way. The cake was good, but even better once it was mixed with the cream cheese frosting. I can't wait to taste them once they're coated in the vanilla stuff. And Barb says they're even better the next day. We decided to go with a Spice Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting, and the Vanilla Almond Bark.

Here's the tote I made again in case you forgot what it looks like.

And here's the lining my mom sewed it in, along with two inside pockets. I think it turned out great. The grossgrain ribbon sewed inside the straps was a terrific idea. I owe that one to Beansie. Thanks, Girl! (I still have that award you gave me sitting in my Inbox. I haven't forgotten it; I'm just a little slow these days!)

There goes my timer. The cake balls are ready to dip!

*Update* Later that same day:

Good Lord, what a pain in the ass cake balls are! Here are the lovely cake balls all dipped in candy...

These pretty ones are some of the first ones I did.


And this is what they started looking like when I got sick of dunking balls in melted chocolate. Who is the most impatient person you know? I AM!!

5 comments:

  1. I'll take the bad looking ones off your hands! I wish it wasn't so hard for me to find almond bark here. I just think that's weird! I should have bought some while I was out there and brought it home with me so I could make cake balls too! Instead, I'm making a chocolate cake with that cream cheese frosting from the 'green' book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pammy, I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. You are so funny. Your cake balls look lovely, really they do.

    Love Ya

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the title for this post!! It's my first laugh of the day, just before I head to CHURCH!! LOL!.. that and for the sleeping butt joke just previous to this!!
    Your tote looks GREAT!! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I heard of cake balls they do look like it really takes patience to make. Me I would end up making a mess. Love your tote that is great your Mom made the lining for it that way you will not lose things. Got the links for making shawls thank you. You do make my day I look forward to your blog. Now all we need is cup coffee and some cake balls. Ymm

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me laugh right out loud at just the title of your blog. Then the rest? Oh my gosh, I am still chuckling. We are SO alike. By the time I get about half way through a project like this, I'm just dipping the tops. :-()

    Love the bag. Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥