Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Macaroni Salad & Stuff

The ingredients for my macaroni salad with ham chunks added this time. That's celery and onion chopped and a jar of pimentos. The other things are obvious. I forgot to get the shredded cheese out before I took the picture. You must have shredded, sharp, cheddar cheese! Just pretend it's there.

Here it is all mixed up before adding the mayonnaise.

And here it is, mayonnaise and all, ready to go in the refrigerator for a few hours. I'll probably have to add a little more mayonnaise when we get ready to eat it. The macaroni tends to soak it up and make it dry after it sits awhile.


My youngest son (26 years old) is in the middle of testing for the Dallas Fire Department. He's passed two written exams and just passed his physical agility testing today. There are several more steps in the testing process, and he probably won't know anything until August sometime. The hiring will take place for the first 30 who are selected in October.

When he called this morning to tell me how he did on the physical test, he also decided to spring on me something that, as a mother, I didn't want to hear. If he doesn't get hired, he's going to join the Army. GAH! Not my baby! Nooooooooo! I'm trying not to freak out until it's time. I know the Army would be good for him, but I can't help being terrified, ya know?

I haven't crocheted in four days and I finished the steroid pack yesterday, but the neck pain returned the day before yesterday. It's not as bad, but it's there. Ah, well. Nice try.

For some unknown reason the audio on our main TV is not working today. Nothing I've tried has made the sound come on. Hmpf. I don't watch it that much, but it's nearly always on anyway just for noise. It's awfully quiet in here today. I'm hoping my hubby can fix it when he gets home. It's probably something stupid and obvious that I'm just not aware of because I'm a girl. Or because I'm lazy and don't want to get down on my hands and knees and pull all the components out and look at all the cables and make sure they're plugged in. Nah, I could be staring right at it and not know anything was wrong. It's because I'm a girl. We'll go with that one.

2 comments:

  1. When you wrote about your son possibly joining the Army, MY heart stood still for a moment too. We will hope and pray he gets on with the Fire Department. While serving in the armed forces is something to be very proud of, it is also very frightening.

    I'll be over about 7 p.m. for macaroni salad. Will you be serving warm homemade rolls with that too? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your macaroni idea have to try that will hot dogs or hamburgers be served too.(haha)Too bad there is not taste vision here. I hope your son gets the fire department too as I know how military life is not like it use to be especially with wars on going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥