Friday, June 19, 2009

I Hate Sewing!

You knew I couldn't stay away, didn't you?

I've been telling Barnaby to keep his eyes peeled (pealed? Dang, I'm dumb) for a sewing machine on Craig's List, and sure enough, he came home today at about 2:00 with this:


It's nothing fancy, but it's exactly what I wanted. I don't want to make clothes or anything like that, but a sewing machine would come in handy around here every now and then. I could make my own purse linings and hem stuff and sew my finger to something at least once.

Thank goodness it came with the instruction book because I don't know the first thing about a sewing machine. My mother tried to show me when I was young, but I refused to absorb it. I hate sewing, period. All I want to do are the basics.

Now you watch...tomorrow I'll be posting about how I've made curtains and a tablecloth and dresses for my dogs and ...

No I won't. I hate sewing, did I mention? Good Lord...what is all that crap in the bag that came with it? What is this "bobbin" you speak of? Oh my. Now I have it and I don't want it.

3 comments:

  1. It could be you just hate a particular kind of sewing. You might really like sewing crafty things or dog dresses...tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a nice sewing machine there Kenmore has a great name for there machines. I was that way too my Mom could sew anything from clothes to making her furniture curtains but, in the end I also got a sewing machine and then I inherited hers just to make small things or something that needs a sewing machine.They do come in handy now and then. Congratulations on your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I know you're less than enthused, but when I went to purchase my very first sewing machine at... oh... around 16 or 17 years of age, I asked what the best machine I should look into, and she told me a Kenmore! I have a newer model Kenmore since then and LOVE it, but I can't part with my first machine.. I still love that one too! Well, that was pretty nice of hubby to bring that home for you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥