Friday, June 19, 2009

Banana Cakes

I made these two cakes yesterday. They look pretty boring, but they don't taste boring. The magic is the homemade cream cheese icing...the secret is the cake is just a store-bought mix. I made this for our picnic on Memorial Day weekend, and I got lots of comments and questions about the cake. I couldn't believe everybody made over it so much because it probably took me 15 minutes, tops, to make it...not including baking time.

I can't find this Banana Cake Mix anywhere except one specific Super Target. Nobody else has it. The secret must not be out yet!

If you can find it, try it. Follow the directions on the box for the cake. Just be sure and make your own icing using 1 stick of room temperature butter, 8 oz of room temperature cream cheese, 1-2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 lb of powdered sugar, and mix it all up in your electric mixer. It's so much better than the canned kind and hardly takes any effort.

For the picnic, I even made it in a disposable foil cake pan with a plastic lid and it still turned out great. (Just bake it in the foil pan on a cooking sheet.) As you can see, this time I split it between an 8 x 8 pan and a 9 x 9 pan. I plan on taking the smaller one over to my mom and dad.

I did find my next crochet project, but I won't be doing much crocheting today or over the weekend. We have a big job in so I'll be working. I probably won't be updating my blog over the weekend either.

Hope you have a great Friday and weekend! Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Love banana cake a old friend use to make banana bread with walnuts and it never last long at home. I have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool! Now I know the secret banana cake mix too! I'm going to look for it in my grocery store.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not gonna lie...that was probably the best cake I have ever eaten in my life! And trust me when I say, I have eaten a LOT of cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥