Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The All-Shawl

Here I am! Thank goodness I'm finished with that job. Yea! I'm free!

This is what I've been doing with my evenings:

Isn't this a pretty little shawl? It's actually a capelet, and it's perfect for spring or summer when you just need a little bit of warmth. It was fun to make. I'll definitely keep this pattern in mind for gifts and such.

Here's a picture that shows the pretty edging really well. I was blocking it in this picture. It's called the All-Shawl and the pattern is by Doris Chan. I love her stuff. (The pattern is on the right side of her blog page using that link. Scroll down that page and you'll see it.)

6 comments:

  1. Love your shawl it is so delicate looking and love the lacy look too.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is VERY pretty! That edge look difficult to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooh so very pretty Pam...so
    delicate & lacy....nice job..I bet
    you look very pretty in it too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, may I ask what weight yarn you used? It looks so fine and delicate, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. downsouth, I used Caron Spa yarn. It's not quite as big as worsted, but not as small as dk either. You can order it online. Just google "Caron Spa yarn".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥