Friday, May 01, 2009

The Scallop Purse


Here's another picture of it in ONE COLOR. I think this is the prettiest, but I'm partial to that color lately. That's the same color I'm doing the tote in. My scallop purse is made with Red Heart yarn in Light Raspberry and I don't know the name of the variegated one but it's Red Heart also. I used these colors to use up the variegated one, and I only had about 5 feet left. I really wanted to use more of it in the scallops, but I was afraid I was going to run out before I was finished.

You'll see that the pattern gives you an option for crocheted straps or wooden handles. I like options. Don't fence me in! But also don't give me too many or I won't be able to decide. Crazy people are like that. I decided to go with the crocheted straps. My mom will add a lining in the next week or so, and I'll let you see it when it's done.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! THIS IS THE COLOR I JUST BOUGHT FOR MY TOTE!! I saw your picture, then had to look at my label because I still wasn't sure! But yes, great minds think alike! Light Raspberry is the color I just picked for my Eight-Pocket Tote!.. Well, that aside, your purse is gorgeous! I LOVE that scallop pattern, and will have to look that one up. I don't know if I have that one or not yet! You did a beautiful job on it!.. Now of course we shall both have to shop for shoes, nail polish, etc. to match our light raspberry bags, ya think?!! (0;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you shouldn't have! Really, how did you know those were my favorite colors and the perfect sized bag. I love it and can't wait to find it in my mailbox!!!! Just kiddin' but that is about the cutest bag I have seen in a long time and I do really love those colors!!!!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to let you know that I did manage to get one whole side done! I love how the pattern of the stitches look on this! I'm still trying to decide how I want to do the pockets. Have you seen the different styles? I am liking the ones that used Irish-Rose granny square type pockets, as opposed to the plain, and I'm thinking I MIGHT go that route.

    It was my daughter's 22nd birthday today, so I was really busy between one thing and another all day. I am heading to bed! I'll start the other side tomorrow. Hope you're having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥