Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Purple Hexagon

The finished purple hexagon. I don't know why these hexagons don't photograph better, but they just don't look as good in pictures as they do in person...at least the two I've seen in person don't. Anyway, it's a quick & easy pattern and makes a great gift. You don't have to pay too much attention while crocheting it and can watch TV or chat or whatever. That's my kind of pattern! This is the first afghan I've made with anything other than Red Heart yarn, and it's so soft. I think I mentioned before that I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn for it.

I started three different shawl patterns last night and ripped them all out. I just wasn't happy with the way any of them looked. I think it was the Homespun yarn I was trying to use. It kept getting all tangled on my hook and pissing me off. I finally gave up and decided I don't have enough time to get anything done for nursie. She'll just have to wait for another time or be happy with my smiling, no-wrinkles face! She's actually a PA and is the one who did the Botox injections in my forehead.

I can see the Botox is working in my face now. I can raise my eyebrows, but everything above that stays in place and there are NO WRINKLES! Yea! I can't really tell anything with the crows feet around my eyes. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work because when I smile, it's my cheeks that raise up and cause the wrinkles around my eyes. That still looks the same. And I don't think she even put any between my eyebrows because that looks the same too. I'll have to ask when I go back on Friday.

It just started thundering and raining and carrying on outside. Guess I better shut down my computer. I'd hate to blow it up.

4 comments:

  1. I really love the hexgon afghan you made. Your doctor should be thrilled.

    Now that you are seeing the results from the botox, would you go out and have it done again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not if I had to pay $500 or more for it, which is what the doctor told me the bottle of Botox costs! It’s not that drastic of a difference to be worth that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket! I like using I Love This Yarn for afghans. I think it is a LOT softer than Red Heart. In fact, it's hard for me to use Red Heart anymore as I have grown to prefer ILTY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your afghan is beautiful love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥