Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pictures & Updates

Double Chocolate Banana Bread
(Very good and highly recommended...Recipe HERE. It's best after sitting overnight.)

Beef & Chicken Kabobs
Those cherry tomatoes were so good after grilling them! I should have used more.

The Jim Shore Chihuahua my sister bought me.
I put it on top of the box with Little Boy's ashes in it. It's perfect! Thank you so much, Patsy! My mother has a GIANT Jim Shore Cat in her living room that is just gorgeous. I love it.

The front door (from the inside) of the Craig Heard House we toured earlier in the week. I just love those "curtains" on the windows.

Nearly all of the rooms had these big stained glass windows that were just beautiful. They are all original to the house.

What else? Nothing. I'm going back to crochet some more on my pineapple shawl while Barnaby watches some dumb movie.

Oh! I almost forgot. We did go see the Star Trek movie while my sister was here. It was good, but it wasn't great like I expected. Hmpf. I think part of it might have been that I hadn't gotten the steroids or the pain meds at that point and my neck was distracting me, plus I hadn't slept in a couple of nights.

THANK GOODNESS it has been feeling okay the last couple of days. I've not taken any pain meds because the steroids and muscle relaxers seem to be doing the trick for now. Hopefully it will stay that way if I'm careful not to do anything stupid like pick up one of the dogs or lift anything else heavy.

Did I update you on my throat/voice thing after the ENT appointment? Gawd, I can't even remember just from yesterday! I'll have to go back and check. Please stand by...

Okay, I did not. Here's the update:

The bigger granuloma was smaller, but the smaller one had grown a bit. He wasn’t surprised about that because of the breathing tube he put in during surgery last week. He figured it would probably irritate both of them and they'd both be bigger right now. So the shrinkage of the big one is a very good thing, and the other one will probably start slowly shrinking over time. He thinks it will take six months or longer for them to be gone. I have another appointment in a month to check their progress.

I may get another Botox injection in three months, depending on how they look then. At that point if they're smaller but not gone, he'd only inject one side of my vocal cords instead of both and my voice won't disappear completely as it is now. He said I could do that as an office procedure and not have to be put to sleep. But we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

SO IT'S ALL GOOD NEWS...Yea! I'm happy.

Jeez, I sound manic, don't I? Boo-hoo one day, and yee-haw the next. Y'all are very sweet to love me anyway. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad i called in to see your blog! and I love Kabobs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥