Thursday, May 07, 2009

My Lunch, My Throat, Oh My

That's the dumbest title ever. Sue me.

Who knows what this is?

That's right. It's a big batch of mushed-up love. It's two avocados (because they were small, I used two) and a can of Great Northern Beans (or any white beans) all mashed together, some lemon juice, and some garlic powder. I didn't add salt because the Lime & Salt tortilla chips I'm going to dip in it are really salty.

The plate is really cute. Somebody left it at my house after a poker party and said I could have it because somebody had left it at their house. The part that is covered with the mushed-up love is striped in many colors and says "Love" in the middle. I thought it was appropriate for this recipe.

*****************

Throat Update: I've decided I can't sit around anymore and expect this to go away on its own. It's only getting worse and the granulomas are getting bigger. I made an appointment with another ENT doctor today. He's the one who can do the Botox injections into my larnyx to stop the spasms so that the granulomas can have a chance to heal. That's the theory anyway. If they're going to go away on their own, I have to stop that spasming. My insurance will pay for the Botox injections. I wonder if he'll shoot what's left in the bottle into my face? Hee-hee. My appointment is on Monday afternoon. I don't know if he'll do the injections in his office that day or if I'll have to do it as outpatient surgery another day. Stay tuned.

***********************

I've wasted the whole morning away surfing blogs. Sometimes a girl's gotta surf, ya know? Now I'm going to get up and get busy finishing up that tote bag. Are y'all sick of hearing about it yet?

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I never get sick of hearing about your tote -- or anything you write -- but I am anxious that you get that throat issue taken care of. I really don't like reading about that as it seems just awful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUW! That sounds like it's gonna hurt like the devil. I hope not.
    I also hope this doctor has done this before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pammy. what's up? I thought I left a note, and cant find where I put it...so what the heck, I'll do it again...if this is a double
    sorry....hope you are feeling better....you have been very busy with the hook no? The purses are really pretty....peanut butter moon pies..........hmmmmmm? I would try those...and the avocado dip,, who doesn't love avocado's and with garlic....:):) I hope that you are on the mend, and that you have a wonderful Mother's day....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥