Friday, May 08, 2009

It's Friday

Crochet Journal

I don't know why I'm dragging my feet on getting this tote finished. I just keep looking at it and walking on by. I did get a lot of little things done today since I didn't sit down and crochet. I ran some errands, got the checking account & budget balanced finally (I was three months behind! Shh!), paid a few bills, straightened up the house, chatted with my neighbor about her break-in last week -- or was it the week before? Whatever. Anyway, I'm sure I'll get to that tote bag this weekend. I was way ahead of Beansie, and now she's run off and left me because I'm dawdling.



So, yeah, a crochet journal. I got this idea from Bev who mentioned that she might do something like this to get her crochet stuff in order. Now you can see how big of a dork I am. I typed out all my projects with the start date, yarn colors/types, hook size, pattern location, etc. Since I tend to have 14 things going at once, I always forget what size hook I was using or whatever. Now I'll have it all written down. I'm sure I'll start handwriting it at some point, but it was just easier to get started this way. I can type a lot faster than I write. I guess I could be a REALLY big dork and make a crochet scrapbook and get all fancy-pants with it, but I'm really not into that. Scrapbooking just doesn't do it for me.

Okay, I'm even boring myself now. Y'all have a great weekend. TGIF!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! Scrapbooking is expensive too...so just spend the money on yarn instead! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to start a project journal, in fact I think I actually did, now if I could just find where I put it......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did start mine but since my office got torn apart for the remodel, I haven't found it again. I guess I am a dork too because I did the very same thing. I made up a form on the computer and just fill it in. I even created a separate folder to store them in "just in case the journal gets lost." Now, no one could be more of a DORK than I am doing double-duty, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I decided to leave the opposite page (left) blank for each project so I could add a picture of FO. I figured I would just print it off on regular paper and glue it down. Nothing fancy just a reminder of what I have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's up Pammy? Long time no talk..I hope you are feeling better...the purses are reeeeeealy pretty....and the dip
    looks good. gotta luv them avocado
    anything and with some garlic
    :):):)......The moon pies come in peanut butter? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, may have to try those out...Have a lovely Mother's Day..and heal up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'll start that second one with you if you want!.. Just say the word!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥