Thursday, May 28, 2009

Go Ahead and Roll Your Eyes...

I'm going to tell y'all what's been going on and the main reason I haven't been keeping up here as much as I usually do. Quite frankly, I've been too embarassed to tell anyone (except my husband) about yet another medical woe. I feel like all I do is complain about one thing or another hurting me, and I think everybody thinks I'm a hypochondriac and making stuff up for attention or something. I SWEAR I'M NOT. I promise you, the last thing I want is another surgery, but what am I supposed to do?

So here it is all laid out...

I've either screwed up the cervical fusion I had last December, or the disk just above that one has now herniated. It's been causing me considerable discomfort. The disk above the one I just had fixed was slightly herniated in the MRI pictures back in December, but now I fear it has herniated even more and is pressing on my spinal nerve causing pain in my left shoulder and left-upper neck. The pain is in a different location than it was at the end of last year so that's why I feel like it's probably a different disk than before.

I just started a round of steroids yesterday to see if it will help calm things down a little. I also got some pain meds this time so hopefully they will help things too. Last time I didn't want or need pain meds because I just didn't have that much pain. It was more annoying than anything. This time the pain is what I consider severe. It's all my brain will let me focus on.

I do have some good news...my throat is not spasming or hurting at all since the injections last week. My voice is just a whisper, but that doesn't matter to me one bit as long as it doesn't hurt. I'll whisper the rest of my life if I have to! I think it's more annoying to other people than it is me.

Okay, whatever. So there you go. That's what's happening. And I feel like a big ol' loser for having another medical issue I'm whining about. I'm embarassed. I'm worried. I'm scared.

There's no need to comment. I know who loves me, and I'm not looking for sympathy over this. I'm just looking to get it down on paper, so to speak, and out of my head.

Bye.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Pammy, hope that this is nothing serious which will require surgery...hang in there girl.....take care of your self
    I'll pop in and visit with you now and again...

    And I do hope that you are feeling
    better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I AM going to comment even though you don't want me to. I know exactly what you are going through as I have neck and back nerve pain issues myself. It's miserable and when your back or neck hurts, everything hurts. I know you are battling a lot of pain right now just know that we are all here for you and wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me I going to comment too I do hope that you don't have to have surgury and that the pain will ease up with the meds there is nothing more frustrating living in constant pain the hard part is trying to do things and you don't feel like it. I am glad your throat is better. We are here for you what ever goes on and my prayers are for you each day that it will get better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy the precedure worked on the pain in your throat. I am terribly sorry to here that your back is causing you problems though. I am glad you took the pain meds, because pain can actually cause more medical problems then the injury.

    Keep your spirits up, that is most important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY! I can comment IF I WANT TO!!! A friend would never judge you! If you say you're not feeling good, then you're not feeling good! I just hope you're feeling better soon, whatever it takes! (0:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥