Friday, May 01, 2009

As usual on Fridays, I wanted to make a goodie for the weekend. The first place I looked for an idea, I found THIS RECIPE. I didn't want to make a big 9 x 13 pan just for two people, so I decided to halve the recipe and make it in a 9 x 9 pan, which always confuses me, and about half-way through adding ingredients, I forget that I'm suppose to be halving everything. And that's exactly what happened this time too. It didn't even dawn on me that I'd done anything wrong until it was already in the oven.

Looks good! I have to wait for Barnaby though.

I measured the cake ingredients correctly. It's when I got to the butter, sugar, and cinnamon swirl part that I screwed up. I used 1 stick of butter and the full amount of everything else. Thank goodness I didn't use 2 sticks of butter, because I think that would have ruined it for sure. I think this way it will be okay, just a little sweeter and cinnamonier than the original.

It's so fun in the kitchen when you get old and insane. You young'uns just wait.

I haven't been working on my tote bag for the last couple of days. Yesterday I was unconscious most of the day because my head was full of snot from this dang cold and felt like it could explode any minute. Today I feel better. I found some old prescription medicine I had for colds/sinus stuff, and it's drying me up really well so I don't feel so miserable.

ANYWAY, I digress. Instead of working on the tote bag, I've been working on a purse I started the night before I got the pattern for the tote. I'm waiting for Beansie to get her yarn and catch up a little before I proceed with the tote. I should be finished with this purse this evening. I really like it, and I can't wait to show it to you and give you the link for the pattern. It works up really quickly.

5 comments:

  1. Those look terrific, and I just about always double the cinnamon, its supposed to lower you blood sugar. Can't wait to see the new purse, you always make such cute ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FINALLY GOT THE YARN!! I'm hoping to start mine tonight... if not, then definitely tomorrow! Thanks for waiting up!! (0; Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would like to see the yarn I got, I could add it to my "Pink Saturday" post. It's just your basic Red Heart Super Saver acrylic yarn. I can't wait to start it now!.. Can't wait to see this mystery purse you're making too!.. So tell me.. Do we have something in common here? Do YOU need a separate room for YOUR purses too! (0;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwaaha ha ha hahaha! I do the same thing when I try to halve a recipe! I've finally had to write down some of my recipes already halved so I don't mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! I made this last night (exactly as written cuz I HAD planned to freeze part of it for later). I used self-rising flour and it turned out SO yummy. I had a can of cream cheese frosting so I just spread that on while they were hot and it melted down into all the cracks and crevices. This was so easy and so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm going to add it to my blog too if that's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥