Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday Night

I made this bag today between watching the NASCAR race, cooking lunch, taking a loooong nap, and everything else. It was easy and fun.

The designer is Cylinda Mathews, and the pattern can be found HERE. I used white and navy ILTY and followed the directions exactly. For some reason, mine turned out smaller than the pattern says it is. Mine came out 9 3/4" W x 10 1/2" H.

I really like the purse and the size, but I think it needs some extra support in the handle. It feels too stretchy and flimsy. I'm not sure what to do about that other than ripping out the top and sewing in a plastic or wood handle.

Empty

Stuffed with Yarn

Mexican Chicken Casserole

I made this for lunch today. It was really good, according to Barnaby. I ate it, but my taste buds are all screwed up. They're all screwed up because I've sucked on too many jawbreakers and made my tongue raw. Ha-ha. Looks like I'd have more sense than that, but I really didn't know it was happening until I woke up this morning.
Here's the recipe. It should be very low fat, but I don't know what the values are exactly. You can figure it out pretty easily yourself if you're interested. I'm too lazy at the moment.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
1 pkg. (1.25-oz) package taco seasoning
1 small can diced green chilies
1 (15-oz) can black beans
1 (12-oz) can sweet corn
1/2 cup salsa or picante sauce (I used green)
1 cup shredded cheese
1 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips (Tostitos)
Cilantro & sour cream for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 350.
Place chicken, taco seasoning, beans, corn, green chilis and salsa in a frying pan. Add a little water if needed and simmer for 10 minutes. (I did not drain my beans or corn.) You want it a little wet because it will be soaked up by the tortillas.
Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Spoon a little of the chicken mixture on the bottom, add a thick layer of broken chips, a layer of chicken mixture, a layer of chips, and then the rest of the chicken mixture. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and add the cheese to the top, and return to the oven for a few more minutes until cheese melts. (I turned the broiler on for 2 minutes and it was perfect.)
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and fresh cilantro.

3 comments:

  1. Cute purse! Yummy-looking lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag and can't wait to try the Mexican Casserole. We love that kind of dish around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Talented Pam! You put us all to shame! Your Sister too. It must be in the Genes. Were your parents this way too?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥