Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rookie Mistake

NEVER make a doily in variegated thread. The pattern gets lost in all the swirls of color. I'm so pissed that I spent hours making this only for it to look like crap.

This is the very same doily held in front of a blank TV screen in the dark. This is the pattern that should be apparent, and would be apparent, if I had used a single color. The top is a little weird looking because Barnaby is holding it and it's stretching, plus it's not blocked yet. This doily measures 15" x 15"...BIG!

4 comments:

  1. What's wrong with it? I think it's lovely and it's SO big. That is awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so the pineapple design isn't as apparent with the thread you used for this one, but IT IS STILL GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The pattern is beautiful, but looks difficult! They look different in the pictures. The frist picture kindof makes me dizzy, but then again I just drank a glass of wine & get dizzy easy!
    Love to you all & Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its such a beautiful pattern.. I never thought of the difference when using varigated thread. I need to make a mental note.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥