Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Pillow

Pretty much as soon as I was finished crocheting the front of this pillow I wished I hadn't started it. I hate sewing, and it shows.

You're looking at the back of the pillow in this first picture. I cut up an old sundress I had to use as the back.
I sewed it to the crocheted front on the wrong side with purple yarn and a big ol' needle. Once I turned it right side out, you couldn't see the purple...

And sewed and sewed...and left a pocket opening in the back...

I sewed some old buttons on one edge of the pocket, and then I crocheted a chain and sewed it to the other edge of the pocket. And then I joined the chain at one end and crocheted another row of single crochet, making loops for the button holes.

Then I stuffed it with an old pillow I had stuck in a closet somewhere, buttoned it up, and I was done.

Ta-Da! My ugly pillow made with tender loving care and hardly any cussing.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it's ugly at all. I think it's lovely. You did a great job on it and I love the way you did the buttons in the back. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too hard on yourself. I think it is a very pretty pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always go to write a comment and then I get entranced by your picture trail of all your projects, and forget what I was going to say.

    I to like your pillow. It turned out very snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so freakin' talented! I'm jealous! ...Pammie Homemaker!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥