Monday, April 13, 2009

Hubby's Ham & Potato Salad Recipe

I just made this for our dinner tonight (plus LOTS of leftovers!). I know I've posted this before, but it was a long time ago and is worthy of another post. If it didn't taste so good, I would never make it again. I always make such a big mess in the kitchen when I make this. It doesn't seem like it would make a mess just from looking at the ingredients, but somehow I manage. Don't let that discourage you from making it. It's worth it.

Try it...you'll love it. Men especially love it. Yes, it's a manly meal. The leftovers are good for lunches and anytime snacks for at least a week. Don't forget the salty pretzels! They go with it like nothing else. I forbid you to make this without them.

This is what it should look like when it's done and ready to refrigerate:

Springtime Ham & Potato Salad

1.5 lbs of ham, cubed (I use ham steaks)
4 lb baking potatoes, skinned, cubed & boiled (about 6 big ones)
5 boiled eggs, chopped
3-4 large green onions, chopped (green & white parts)
1 cup Hellmann’s Real Mayo (Or as much as you like, Light is okay)
Black pepper to taste
Hungarian Paprika for sprinkling on top
Pretzel sticks (mandatory!)

Boil eggs, peel, and refrigerate. While potatoes are boiling, cut up ham, green onion, and boiled eggs. When potatoes are done, mix all ingredients well with mayo. Sprinkle the top heavily with paprika, cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Serve with pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥