Sunday, April 12, 2009

Good Morning

I was so tired all day yesterday. I went back to bed about 10:00 yesterday morning and slept until noon. Then I went back to bed at 2:00 and slept until 4:00. I forced myself up and into the shower because Barnaby wanted to go out. I wish this lethargy would go away. I feel like there's a giant drain sitting on my chest sucking out all of my energy. That's the only way I can describe it.

We ended up having a good time and a great dinner at Uncle Julio's. We decided to go with one of their specials last night which was a big grilled lobster tail with melted butter for dipping, steak fajitas, rice, charro beans, pico de gallo, and fresh guacamole. Oh my lord, it was so good. The waitress sent us over a complimentary plate of warm sopapillas with cinnamon & sugar and honey when we were finished. We both tried one just to be polite, but we brought most of them home for breakfast this morning at the waitress' suggestion. She said they're still very good reheated in the microwave. Neither of us wanted anything sweet for breakfast this morning, so they're still on the kitchen counter waiting.

We won't be having them for 3:00 Coffee because we're going over to my mom & dad's for 3:00 Coffee today for Easter. I think my mom is making a coconut cake. I wonder if it'll be a bunny cake like she always used to make when we were little. My little niece will be there wearing the crocheted dress I made her. My sister was taking her to church this morning wearing it. I'll take my camera and get a picture of her.

It's been raining and storming here since last night, but it's supposed to clear up later today. I'm planning on a lazy day doing laundry and crocheting. There's no race on Easter, as usual.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. My mother always made a lamb cake on Easter. She had a form pan shaped like a lamb and you put the two halves together and the lamb looked like it was sitting. She would cover it with marshmallow frosting and coconut. (She'd dye some coconut green to put under it for grass too.) Your mom's coconut cake reminded me of that. I haven't thought of it for years. Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on my Mom making the lamb Easter Cake, even down to the dyed green coconut grass filled with jelly beans. I am positive I have the form pan upstairs.

    Hope you had a quiet Easter.

    Have you tried drinking an Ensure everyday? It really helps with the energy and its only 250 calories. You might try it for a week or two.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥