Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Food & TV

Oh my goodness, I made this dip today for my dinner because Barnaby is golfing, and it's wonderful. I ate less than half of it...it's filling. (Yes, I had dinner at 4:30 like I'm 85 years old.) You must try it. The original recipe is HERE. My version, based on what I had on hand, is below. It's basically guacamole with a can of white beans mixed in.

Avocado Bean Dip

15-oz can white beans, drained (Great Northern)
1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and mashed
1/2 cup salsa (I used medium Picante)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Garlic Powder & Black Pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients and serve with Tortilla Chips.

I also envision using this in a 7-layer dip instead of refried beans or meat. Sounds like great race food to me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really did nothing today except some work and a little crocheting. I started another doily. The last two I started I ripped out because I didn't like them. I think this one is going to stick. It looks like an easy pattern until I get to the flowers all along the edge, and those don't really look all that hard. I will need to go to Hobby Lobby for a different color thread when I get to that point.

Like I said, Barnaby is golfing until around 8:00. I'll be watching Ghost Hunters and I Shouldn't Be Alive tonight.

Speaking of TV, has anybody else watched the show called I Survived? I love that show, but it's not on regularly. I think it was originally on a cable channel we don't get, but they play reruns on a channel we do get every now and then. I can't, however, tell you which channel that is. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I see it. It's an hour-long show, and they usually tell three different stories of people who have survived some horrible circumstances. Let's see, there was a person that went off a cliff in his car and spent three days there before being found, some people who were taken hostage in that mall shooting that happened not too long ago, people who have been car-jacked, raped, taken to a field and shot and left for dead, and all sorts of terrible things like that. Doesn't that sound uplifting? But really, the incidents and circumstances may be horrible, but the people and how they survived are facinating to me. The actual victims are the ones that tell the stories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gotta run. Be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥