Thursday, March 26, 2009

Warning: I'm in a BAD Mood

I still don't have an Internet connection on my regular computer. I also don't have email, so if you've emailed me in the last 2-3 days, I haven't been able to read it.

We had burritos for dinner last night made from some of the leftover taco salad meat and beans. They were really good. And I still have enough leftovers for taco salad today for lunch! That one original meal really stretched a long way. We're having fish for dinner tonight.

I ordered a cookbook last Friday that I saw on one of the local morning TV shows last Friday. It has what looks like some good fish recipes, so I'm going to try one of them tonight. The cookbook is called, "Simply Too Good To Be True" (American Version) by Annette Sym.

I ordered two other cookbooks the same day, but I haven't received them yet. I ordered them "used" through Amazon.com. I ended up only paying $2 & $3 (plus $3.99 shipping) for the others, and about $7 for this one. I love ordering used books. They're so much cheaper, and I've never been able to tell they're not new.

Medical Comments Ahead (Skip this part if you don't want to hear about it. It's really only for me anyway.)

My throat is worse now than ever. I had a choking incident with food last weekend, and since then, I'm having the painful spasms again and my voice is more hoarse than ever. I can feel my epiglotis "sticking" when I swallow. It's like it's having trouble opening and there's a slight delay until it opens.

I'm sick of hearing everyone say how, "It's just from the surgery," "It's normal," "It'll go away on its own," etc. I'm calling BULLSHIT on that. Because of that response, or lack of any response at all, I'm not talking to anyone about it anymore. I will, however, be writing about it here because this is my journal/diary, and that's what it's for.

I cancelled my appointment with the ENT last week, going along with the assumption that it'll eventually go away on its own, but now I'm thinking that was a big mistake. I'm very conflicted as to what to do right now.

Please do not leave a comment on this subject. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the computer/internet problems. That's exactly the kind of thing that'll get my mood BLACK. Hope you can get it fixed soon. (Like today!) I don't think I've e-mailed you since the kitten photos. I might have Big Daddy talked out of keeping the black and white (tuxedo) kitten. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 PM

    sorry bout the throat thing. It is more common than you think after having surgery. Talk to an old boss who is having the EXACT same thing after a surgery in November. Get to feelin better

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥