Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday Crochet

I saw an afghan made with 12 of these squares today and was on a mission to find the pattern. I found it HERE, with help from my Crochetville friends, and made my first one today while watching the NASCAR race. Mine measures 13 1/2 inches. I placed a quarter next to it so you could see how huge the square is. The only way I could get the cabled hearts to show up was to not use the flash on my camera. That's why it's so dark. The hearts look a little wonky in the picture, but they're really not. I promise! There are lots of other wonderful square patterns on Chris Simon's site.

I worked nearly all day yesterday on the Victory Junction Gang Camp afghan. I wanted to make the last few rounds look like black on white tire treads (or zig-zag) using a pattern from one of my pattern books. It took me two hours to figure the pattern out! Grrr. Turns out I was doing it right all along, but you can't tell that until you get 3-4 rounds done. By the time I figured it out, I was over it and wanted something new to work on today. This one was fun to do.

3 comments:

  1. THis is so pretty! You have such talent. I wish I had the patience to learn and do it right! I get started and have the ugliest "thing" growing out of the yard. My family tries not to laugh. They are pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I really like that square.... How would you rate it, easy, medium or hard?

    I thought Biffle had a chance.... once he fell back, I was out of the race too........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! Love the heart square! That would make a cute trivet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥