Monday, March 02, 2009

Spring is Near

Surprise! I'm talking about something besides dogs, crochet, medical woes, and picking my nose!

Since we have no work today, for some reason I got all motivated to clean out the back garden closest to the house in the backyard. That's where the giant Lantanas were last year. When I dug out the roots, there was a bunch of green underneath the ground growing out of the roots. If I had left it alone or just cut it level with the ground, it probably would have come back. I don't have the patience for that and I had already yanked it out, so out with the old and in with the new! I'm just not sure what the new will be yet. I'm going to put some Rosemary in there for sure this year, but I'm not sure what else yet. Rosemary is my absolutely favorite plant (herb) in the world.

I'm doing all of this 5 or 10 minutes at a time and then coming in to rest so as not to strain my neck or back, because we all know what a delicate flower I am. If I get the backyard garden done, I'm going to move on to the sideyard garden. That one is a much bigger mess and is really in need of a good cleaning out. I'm thinking I may try to grow a few tomatoes over there this year. Spring is definitely in the air. Not that we ever really had a winter at all.

We'll make all the planting decisions later. And by "we" I mean me. Ha-ha. For now I just need to get the grounds ready.

***************************
I'm still growing my hair out. I haven't been tempted to cut it yet. I know as soon as it gets 110 degrees in the shade I'll want to though. I have to be strong! I WILL NOT CUT IT! If I can get it long enough to stay in a ponytail easily, I'll have it made. When it's long, I have to have it pulled out of my face because otherwise it drives me crazy. Right now it's in the tiniest ponytail you can imagine while I work outside. It's mostly held up there with bobby pins.

I'm taking a couple of boneless chicken breasts out of the freezer right now. I'll probably do something easy like browning them a little and then baking them with a little jarred spaghetti sauce on top with some parmesan cheese. We like that really well, and it's quick.

I finished our tax paperwork and just stuck it in the mail to our CPA this morning. It's been ready for 3 weeks, but I just never seem to get around to dropping it off at her house even though she only lives about 5 minutes from me.

That's about all going on around here. Y'all have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are taking the gardening easy. Don't want to do anything to hurt yourself!

    Get one of those "claw" clippies for your hair. That's about all I use anymore and they work great. Make sure there are at least 4 claws on each side of the clip though. Just twist up you hair and clip! Done!

    Do Geraniums do well in your area? I planted two last year and they have bloomed all through the Winter and look great right now. They seem to love it here.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cold here to even think spring, I love rosemary too, except the humidity here destroys it without a wide sand bed underneath. Do you do anything special?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥