Friday, March 27, 2009

OMG -- Yum!

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake w/Peanut Butter Frosting

Uncut Version
I'd like to make up for the blunder I made the other day when I posted the Pumpkin Bread recipe that turned out to be not so great.
This one has been tested on my mom & dad, my sister, and myself. It's fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing. This is a really terrific cake.
The problem is I printed this out several days ago, and I can't remember where I found it! It's not the one listed on All Recipes' Website, and I checked a few others but couldn't find where I got it from. I saw a bunch of recipes with the same name, but none of them were exactly the same as this one. I'll be happy to give credit where it's due if this is someone's original recipe and will let me know.
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup butter
1 cup water

Frosting:

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
6 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine sugar and flour in a large bowl and set aside. In a medium bowl mix eggs, baking soda, and sour cream well. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, butter, and water. Bring to a boil. Add the boiled mixture to the flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer on medium-low. Add sour cream mixture and mix until well combined. Pour into a 15x10 inch sheet/jellyroll type pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes or until done. Test by inserting toothpick in the center of the cake. (Mine took 18 minutes.)

Frosting:
Combine the butter, peanut butter, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla. Mix well. It will be thick. Pour over cake while both are still warm. I poured the frosting over the middle of the cake slowly and spread it to within 1/4 inch of sides. None of it ran over that way. Let cool, slice, and serve.

1 comment:

  1. MMmmmmm! Sounds delish! I don't dare make it though. I'd have to give 3/4 of it away and that's kind of a waste. I'll save the recipe for when I have company......someday......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥