Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Dumb-Looking Chicken

LOL

Does this even look like a chicken to y'all? Anybody?

That's what I thought too. And I did a crappy job of crocheting it. There are holes where there shouldn't be, and I think I did my decreases wrong. I think that's the problem. Barnaby thought it was a pinguin. Ha!

The only way I know to do decreases is to insert your hook in the first indicated stitch, yo and pull up a loop, insert hook in next stitch, yo and pull up a loop, yo, pull through all three loops. Isn't that right? Apparently not, because my chicken looks more like a bowling pin with hair. That's what happens when you crochet with a fever.


I used THIS pattern for a Chicken Welcome Sign, and just modified it to make a hotpad. I only made one panel of the main body so it's not very thick, but I'm glad I didn't waste my time because of the way it turned out. I also added the edging. I couldn't find a pattern for THIS one, which is why I made it in the first place. I think those are so cute. The person who made them has not given an answer as to where the pattern can be found.

Any suggestions or comments, good or bad, are welcomed. Go ahead and make fun of my funky chicken. It makes me laugh every time I look at him. I may keep him just for that reason.

Nothing has changed with my throat. It's no worse and no better. I don't feel all that bad. I'm just more tired than normal (if that's possible without being dead) and have a sore throat that looks yucky.

The very mean people at the clinic yesterday insisted on weighing me. How dumb. I said, "Do you really need to weigh me for a sore throat?" And the very flamingly gay nurse said, "Yes." Hmphf. He really was a nice guy though. I'm sure he wouldn't be offended by that comment. Of course, their scales were WAY OFF on the heavy side. It weighed me 13 lbs heavier than my scales just three days ago. Why are doctors' scales always like that? 13 lbs! That's crazy.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww... I LOVE YOUR CHICKEN! There is a name for that kind of art. It's called "Primitive". I really like Primitive Art.

    Are you drinking hot stuff...like tea and chicken broth? Also, gargle with warm salt water. I know.... I hate gargling too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself. I think it's cute. Have you ever seen a perfect chicken? Me neither. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! Adorable chicken. Make a black one for Barnaby, then he will have a penguin!
    I agree w/ Ocean Kisses, drink lots of warm liquids. I love that Campbells Tomato Soup In Hand. I drank it at work when I felt sick & it kept me warm! (I kept going hmmm, coz it was good, and then I would laugh at myself coz I would think about the stupid guy in the soup commercial that keeps going hmmm!)
    Anyway~ Get Better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥