Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hot-Hot-Hot!

I was at the hospital yesterday because my dad was having back surgery. I swear...our family and our bad backs! He did great and will hopefully get to come home today. He's having no pain and even got up and stood up for awhile yesterday evening.

I made a second trip to Hobby Lobby today. I'm crocheting something fancy, and I changed my mind about the color. I hope to be finished with it tomorrow or Thursday.

It's in the 80s today and I'm HOT. I'm all sweaty just from the trip to Hobby Lobby and the grocery store. Oh, and I went to Starbucks too. I had to try a Chai Latte because I read in one of my magazines that it's Eva Longoria Parker's favorite. I didn't even know they existed. It was good, but a little too sweet for my liking. I need to tell them to put only half of the syrup, but I hardly ever remember. It was hot and made me sweat too.

I bought a bunch of plastic flowers to put in my hanging baskets on the back porch. You can see them hanging on the arbor when you drive down the street in the front of the house. They looked really pretty last year, so I wanted to do it again this year. Hobby Lobby has great fake flowers and plants, and they don't burn up and die in one day during the summer. I swear you can't tell they're fake until you get right up on them. My mom even puts them in her front yard flowerbeds, and they look great. They do need to be changed out with new ones every year because they get bleached out from the sun and weather...kind of like me.

We're having baked fish (Talapia) with potatoes and broccoli for dinner. The fish is yummy just baked with a little dab of butter and salt & pepper, and steamed broccoli and boiled red potatoes go great with it. AND the potatoes have lots of potassium.

I just got word from my sister that my Dad is home from the hospital, so they did let him go earlier than expected. Yea!

I'm on my way to turn on the air conditioner. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. It's hot here today too! Very strange weather. I've planted a bunch of flower seeds that I have to go out and water everyday. Some of them have started to sprout. Spring is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send your dad my best wishes. I will email you as soon as I get the final schedule for Dallas, Would love see your dairy Queen.

    I am playing catch-up with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥