Monday, March 23, 2009

Baths & Bread

Or Papillons & Pumpkin...
I found a rat in the garage and thought I'd give him a bath.


Light Pumpkin Bread
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
2-3 Tbsp white sugar, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, applesauce, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Place batter in the prepared pan.
Optional Topping: Mix together about 2-3 Tbsp sugar and 1/3 cup chopped pecans. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.

4 comments:

  1. Hubby says your pumpkin bread sounds heavenly, can't wait to get home to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Can't wait to try that pumpkin bread. Check my blog for kitten update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am definitely going to make this pumpkin bread. I L-O-V-E pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rat Eli is still gorgeous even wet. Dakota looks like a Chinese Crested when I bath him. All the full turns transparent!
    You inspire me to get off the computer and bake. If only i had some ingredients. I hate this kitchen with it's lack of space! It's not a cooking kitchen at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥