I finished 11 more squares yesterday & this morning and have the tiny inner squares of 9 more done. I decided it was time to spend a little time making more squares for this blanket before I get behind. I really need to finish all the squares by October 31 so I'll have all of November to sew them together and all of December to crochet the edging. That means I need to finish an average of 33 squares per month through October. It takes a lot of time to do those little squares and weave in all those ends!
The rest of the morning I'm going to work on another afghan that's been in progress since last November. Then I have to work for a few hours starting around 2:00 this afternoon.
I put some hamburger meat out to thaw this morning. I have no idea what I'm going to make with it for dinner. I'm sure I can find some cans of stuff in my pantry to throw together with it and call it a casserole. I'm not going to worry about it until 4:00. If I give myself too much time to think about it, I'll start obsessing and end up making nothing because I can't decide on anything.
I don't have anything to talk about so here's some Random Stuff:
1. Thursdays have always been my favorite day of the week. I have no idea why. I just like them.
2. I need to drink lots more water.
3. My business partner and I have been informed that our biggest client will be drastically cutting down their work for us. The recession is upon us. That will mean a lot less impulse spending for me. I think I'll be able to save a lot of money at the grocery store. I buy way too much food anyway and don't really penny-pinch too much in that department. I could let my housekeeper go, but NO WAY! She's worth every penny. I'd rather eat beans and cornbread four days a week than let her go. So there.
4. It's still very weird when I think about Little Boy not being here. Having Eli around has definitely helped, but I still pause and think about him several times a day. The last two nights I've awoken (awakened?) during the night and reached back above my head to feel for Eli. He's been there, and it makes me smile because that's where L.B. always slept. I'd always reach up and feel for him and give him a little pat during the night. It's just a habit I got into because I was always afraid he'd fall off the bed and hurt himself because our bed sits up really high. Anyway, that's just a nice little moment for me in the dark of night.
5. I know I haven't mentioned this much, but I'm watching Lost and diggin' it. Sawyer is as hot as ever! By the way, I did have Sawyer on my list as a name for the puppy. Barnaby put the kabash on that really fast. He's no fun. And speaking of Sawyer, for those of you who watch Lost, here's something fun for you to watch for. In real life, Sawyer has a large tattoo of the Hawaiian Islands the stretches across this right side towards the front. If you look closely, sometimes you can see that it's covered up with make-up on the show. He's always running around without a shirt on. You would too if you looked as good as he does. Yummy.
6. Rachel Ray gets on my damn nerves.
7. My favorite store-bought cookies are Pepperidge Farm Tahiti Coconut cookies. So good!
8. I colored my hair again yesterday and it's no longer any shade of orange. Much better.
9. I'm wondering if I could talk Barnaby into letting me get a female Papillon puppy and start breeding and selling them. It would be a way to supplement my income while this recession stuff is affecting my paycheck, and it would be SO MUCH FUN for me. I really think he would let me if I asked really nice and did him a few extra "favors." Ah-hem. That's really devious of me, isn't it? I'm not stupid.
10. I have to go now because I'm spending all my crochet time on this computer.