Monday, February 09, 2009

Crochet Tote Bags

I'm in the process of making one of THESE BAGS today. I'm using gray and navy. Now that I've started it, I realize that it is exactly like the Dallas Cowboys' colors. I wish I had used some brighter colors now. Oh well, I'll just have to make more, won't I?

I wrote the creator of these bags and asked for instructions for "blocking the bottom." I have no idea how to do that. Maybe she means to iron it into the shape it's supposed to be? I don't know. I know how to block a doily, but it can't be the same process because that would just be weird. If anybody reading this knows how, please tell me. I don't know how long it will take to receive an answer. I'm just continuing on with the pattern in hopes I can go back and block it and it doesn't have to be done at any specific point. It's listed at the end of Row 8 on the pattern, so maybe I'll have to start over from that point. I'm clueless.

Aren't they pretty though?

2 comments:

  1. If you don't get an answer, I can ask my customer who has a lot of experience in this for you.

    I love these! They would make great Xmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty. What type of yarn are you making them out of?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥