Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bitchin' & Moanin'

We picked up Little Boy's ashes yesterday morning. I bought that little dog at the drugstore for him the day before he died. He carried it around and guarded it with his life until we left for the vet. When you squeeze it, it says, "I love you, woof-woof!" To give you an idea of how small that cedar box is, that little dog fits in the palm of my hand. It's sitting on the bed Barnaby made for L.B. a couple of months ago.


Moving on...

This tea is really good and feels great on a sore throat. I got it at Wal-Mart. There were about 20 different varieties for lots of different afflictions. I steep it for about two minutes in almost boiling water and then put a little shot of milk in it. No sugar needed because it's already plenty sweet.

My throat is still raspy & hoarse, and I'm still coughing and constantly trying to clear my throat since surgery. (It never does clear because I don't think there's any phlegm in there; it just feels like there is.) For about a week I've had a sharp stabbing pain that goes from my throat to my right ear every time I cough, clear my throat, or try to speak loudly or for a long time. It feels like nerve pain. (Believe me, I know that that feels like.) But because it's been over 7 weeks now, I have an appointment with an Ear, Nose & Throat specialist tomorrow at 10:45.

Of course you all knew I had to have something else be wrong with me. It's one thing after another.


Moving on again...

When Barnaby and I went to pick up Little Boy yesterday, we took Fletcher with us. On the way home we stopped at a sandwich place to get a couple of sandwiches to take home. We discovered a brand-spanking-new dog park right next door and sat and watched all the dogs running around and having a blast. There must have been at least 50 people there with their dogs. There was a lot of different breeds, and it was fun to watch them all interact.

I decided we were going to take Fletch in and see how he acted. Surprisingly, he was very submissive and acted like a scarety-cat little girl for the first five minutes. When he decided none of the dogs were going to kill him, he let loose and ran around with the rest of them. He was so happy and had so much fun. I can't wait to take Sammi and Fletcher together. I may do that later today.


Barnaby just got called into work. Those damn criminals are so self-centered. They couldn't wait for another day besides Super Bowl Sunday.

So I'm sitting here alone and I don't like it. I don't want any quiet time by myself because I know I'll get all upset over L.B. again and lose my shit and start crying. I think that's why I haven't crocheted either. All you do when you crochet is think, and I can't think right now. I need to sleep or do something.

I bought Kathy Smith's new book the other day. I guess I'll go in there and try to read it and make it stick.

My hair is still a stupid color. I know I said it was better, but it's not. Every morning I look in the mirror and I'm disgusted with it. I'm still growing it out, and it looks like crap because of that too. I got my Big Happie Hair thingies in the mail Friday. I think I'll go mess with it and see if I can make it look good with a headband.

Sayonara, friends.

1 comment:

  1. My friend, Jan, had the exact same surgery you did and she had swallowing problems for months. She has been clearing her throat for about 2 years now.....


Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥