Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Innards

I just LOVE how skinny I look in these pictures! Ha-ha-ha!
Day-um, that's a lot of dental work in my mouth.

You can see where the surgeon implanted a plastic thingy in place of the disc. In person, the MRI is so clear that you can see the threads on the screws he used. Do you see those two white lines coming up from my chest and attaching to my neck? Those are the extra cervical ribs I told you about. Weird, huh?

This is another round ripple afghan I finished yesterday. I like the brown one I did earlier better, but Barnaby likes this one. The colors in this one look better in person. I started another one this afternoon that will be black & white. I think it's going to be really pretty.
Dr. M said everything is fine and progressing as it should be.
Gotta go. Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have some great looking bones there!! Its amazing to actually see what the doctors did to you.

    I love your new RR, what varigated yarn did you use??

    Oh and I actually like your new red hair, picture you wrapped in a green RR afghan, it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those pictures of your bones are cool. Now I get how those extra ribs are attached. I couldn't picture it before.

    Love the new round afghan too! Man! you are working so fast on those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Look what i just read on wikipedia...

    "The presence of a cervical rib can cause a form of thoracic outlet syndrome due to compression of the lower trunk of the brachial plexus or subclavian artery. These structures are entrapped between the cervical rib and scalenus muscle.

    "Compression of the brachial plexus may be identified by weakness of the muscles around the muscles in the hand, near the base of the thumb. Compression of the subclavian artery is often diagnosed by finding a positive Adson's sign on examination, where the radial pulse in the arm is lost during abduction and external rotation of the shoulder.

    "Children born with cervical ribs develop early childhood cancer at a rate 125 times higher than the general population. The Hox genes that control the development of cervical vertebrae are believed to play a role in suppressing cancer"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥