Thursday, January 29, 2009

Little Boy


Little Boy has been sick off and on for the past month. He's been vomiting a lot and was losing weight. I took him to the vet this morning, and they found a large tumor in his belly. His liver and kidneys were also failing.

We waited for Barnaby to get there so he could see him and say goodbye. L.B. was put to sleep shortly after.

I feel like I've lost an arm or something. For the past twelve years, he has been right by my side constantly.

What else is there to say? Our hearts are broken.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Pam!
    I am so sorry!
    As soon as I opened your blog, I smiled at that darling picture of LB. That is the cutest darn picture of your handsome boy!
    Then I read on.
    I truly understand.
    I have been there and I have felt that horrific pain. Then as you return home, his "siblings" will make you cry as well, as they try to figure out where he is.
    I know this is a hard time.
    Think about the wonderful life Little Boy has been given by you. The way you wrote about your dogs makes anyone know how much a part of your life they are to you. The love was very evident.
    I will say a pray for you all. I do believe "All Dogs Go To Heaven". He is there running and playing painfree and happily. It just would not be heaven without dogs.
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what happened to Chips. My heart is broken for you!

    When God takes something out of your hands, he leaves them empty to receive something else.

    I'm going to miss seeing Little Boy when I come to visit you! Double Hugs & Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,

    I am so sorry. I know how much your heart is hurting.

    Love and hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss, Little Boy looks like he was an adorable, very special companion....

    Take Care

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:26 AM

    I miss LB too. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥