Friday, January 02, 2009

I'm Tired

I cut this recipe out of a magazine way back in 1999. I know that because it won some kind of recipe contest in a magazine and the date is at the bottom. I thought y'all might like something different for a change so here it is...

Oh, and it's really good and easy. I've made it several times.

Savory Italian Rounds

2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayo (light or FF may not be substituted)
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1 tube (12-oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Separate biscuits and place on two ungreased baking sheets. Flatten biscuits into 4-inch circles. Spread about 1 Tbsp mayo mixture over each circle to within 1/2 inch of edge. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Makes 10 bread rounds. (Duh)

I don't know what would happen if you used light or ff mayo. I guess your house would blow up or something. Don't ask me; I just copied it exactly as it was written. But everybody knows nothing is ever as good as the real thing, right?

I apologize for not having any pictures lately. It takes all I can muster to just type an entry. I'm not kidding. I have zero energy, and after I do anything I have to just lay down or I feel like I'm going to die. For real. I could collapse into a heap on the floor at any moment. I don't blame that on the surgery. I blame that all on me for letting myself get into such bad shape physically. I might be zipping right through this recovery if I had been in good shape prior to surgery.

Okay, enough surgery talk already. Are y'all as sick of it as I am?

I'm sitting here watching Ellen in my underwear and a gray t-shirt I bought the other day when I went out to buy some fat clothes. My t-shirt says "I love me, myself, and I," and it has red sequin hearts and XOXOXO on it. I do love myself, dammit, fat or not fat. Don't ask me why I don't have any pants on. I just never put any on when I changed clothes earlier.

I made 12 crochet squares yesterday for the quilt I'm going to make like the one I showed you yesterday. The lady who made the one in the picture emailed me back and said she made hers 15 squares wide by 22 squares long. So I only have 318 squares to go! GAH. It seems really daunting right now, but I swear I'm going to make them all before the end of the year and have them sewn together.

I've gotta take a nap now. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Are those Italian Rounds an appetizer? They sound good but kind of BIG to be appetizers. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥