Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chocolate Cobbler!

I have a great recipe for you today, especially if you're cooking for two people most of the time and don't want a huge, 9" x 13" dessert. I've had this recipe for a couple of years and don't remember where I got it. I have seen another recipe with the same name made with brownie mix, but I think this one is better. I've tried both.

Make it close to the time you'll be eating it because you want it very warm. If you have vanilla ice cream to serve with it, go for it. I like mine plain.

I hope I haven't posted this recipe before. I can't remember. I'm making it tonight and thought I'd share the recipe since I had it out.

Chocolate Cobbler

1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp baking cocoa, plus
1/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups hot water
vanilla ice cream (optional)

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and 2 Tbsp cocoa.
Stir in milk and oil until smooth.
Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter.
Pour hot water over the top. DO NOT STIR.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until top of cake springs back lightly touched.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy. I must stoke my pantry to be ready for your wonderful dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥