Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

Happy New Year!

Surprise, surprise, I was awake to see in the near year. Of course, I had been asleep for two hours prior, but still!

Barnaby got my new computer guts all up and running. Now begins the long, slow process of reloading all my programs and things I need to have. Ugh. I guess it's really not that bad. I'd just rather be doing other things like beginning to crochet squares to make one of these:




Isn't it pretty? I just love it. It looks like an old-timey quilt. I figure if I start making little squares on January 1st, I'll finish it sometime around December 31st! I've emailed the lady who made this to see what she can tell me about it (like how many squares it is, how she sewed it together, the border, etc.) It's not imperitive that I know all these things, but it would just be nice to know. I'm sure I can make it without all that info. I keep coming back to my computer and staring at the picture. One just like it will be mine! (Well, maybe not exactly like it, but close enough.)

I'm off to start working on my computer. Y'all have a nice Day 1!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOOOhhhhh so pretty....thanks for visiting my blog....love the grannies....I am trimming mine in white also....I found a website with a video tutorial...on how to connect these...I am doing mine this way.... http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-join-granny-squares-with-crochet-flat-brain-joining-233233_2/ I hope the link works for you, I have it on my blog to if you can't link directly off of this onw...I try to do two squares a day, border and all....talk to you later
    Faith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥