Monday, December 15, 2008

Yep, Surgery

The neurosurgeon agrees with everything the other doctor said. I'm scheduled for surgery on Thursday morning. I should be able to come home on Friday.

I'm not really freaked out about it anymore. It's something I just have to do. I have no choice unless I fancy becoming a quadriplegic. The doctor will go in through the front of my neck, remove the disk, and replace it with some kind of plastic. The good news is I don't have to wear a C-collar after surgery. I was really happy to hear that. I was almost dreading that more than the surgery itself.

Weather Report: The high temperature yesterday was 80 degrees. A cold front came in last night, and it's been really cold all day. It's currently 27 degrees. I just saw on the news that the high tomorrow will be 37. Brrrr! Love it.

Menu: Leftover Chicken Divan (See recipe in previous entry)

On the Crochet Hook: A scarf for my youngest son, and I always have an afghan or two going.

Wearing: Mens Pajama Pants, socks, and a Hanes t-shirt. (Yes, I'm hot.)

Current Food Obsession: Bob's Sweet Stripes Candy Canes (the soft ones)

On TV: Probably Antiques Roadshow for an hour and then some episodes of Cash Cab we have recorded. We have over 100 episodes recorded! We did that because of the holidays coming up. There's never anything to watch.

Reading: The latest Star Magazine, and a book by Joan Hess called Strangled Prose. It's the first in a series of Claire Malloy Mysteries. It's good. I'm about half-way through it.

Have a great evening! Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I have a great idea... since the surgeon has to go in through the front of your neck anyway, maybe he could tuck your neck while he's at it. hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam~ You are in my prayers. I will be thinking of you Thursday, and praying for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself, and enjoy those recordings of Cash Cab (never heard of it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Will see ya tomorrow, if you are awake to remember, BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥