Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Progress, Maybe

Ugh. Getting over this surgery is slow going, folks. It will be one week since surgery tomorrow, but it only feels like a couple of days. The days and nights are all blurring together.

Barnaby went back to work today, and my mom came over and stayed a couple of hours with me this afternoon. She fed the dogs and let them in and out 167 times, they were jumping in her lap, trying to give her kisses, licking her socks, bringing her toys, and generally just begging for attention. Because we all know they never get any around here.

I think I felt a little better today than I have been. Maybe I'm on the upswing now. I know better than to start doing more things just because I'm feeling better. Sure as I do, I'll have a relapse and feel bad again for a day or two. It's my experience that I'm due for a day where I cry and feel all depressed and sorry for myself. It's the anesthetic that does that to some people, so I'm told. It seems to happen to me every time I have surgery about a week afterwards.

Okay, it's 8:30 p.m. It's close enough to bedtime for me. Nightie-night.

2 comments:

  1. Have Sweet Dreams & continue to take it easy. I pray for a speedy recover for you. May you find tomorrow to give you a little more strength and I hope you can enjoy Christmas somewhat.
    One day at a time, just one day at a time.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:21 AM

    Glad your feeling a little better, before you know it you will be back to triple lutz and double sow cows. for now just visualize them in your head and rest. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥