Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch...

I managed to get ready quickly and leave a little early for my doctor appointment today. I got in my truck, inserted the key, and NOTHING happened. Doh!

I ran in the house and called my mom & dad to see if they could come pick me up and take me to my doctor appointment. I dialed their number and Mom answered the phone but couldn’t hear me. I hung up and dialed my sister’s number to see if she could come get me really quick. I decided to call her first since I remembered that my mom is still in a cast from breaking her foot a few weeks ago. My sister couldn’t do it, and whilst talking to her on the phone, my cell phone rang AND somebody I recognized as a work client was beeping in on the Call Waiting line. I let that one just ring, and answered the other one which was my mom calling back to see if I’d just called her.

After all that rigmarole, my mom and dad came and got me and took me to the doctor. I walked up to the window exactly on time at 2:30. I got in quickly, and we were on our way back home in about 30 minutes.

The doctor wants me to have an MRI and a nerve test done to see if it’s a disk or a pinched nerve or the extra cervical rib thing causing my problems. The nerve test will also tell him if the numbness in my hand is from the neck problem or a completely unrelated problem like carpel tunnel.

I want my 20-year-old body back, please.
Yesterday Evening at Scotty's Place
Sammi says, "If I look really pathetic, maybe I'll get a cookie."

Abby: "I already ate a cookie out of the cat litter and now I don't feel so good."

Fletcher: "What is this crap on your back? It stinks!"
L.B.: "I didn't do nothin'."

Abby: "Oh, man. I really don't feel good."

Phoebe: "I shall lick my leg until it turns permanently brown and falls off."

Phoebe: "And then I'll smell it."

Phoebe: "And then I'll lick it some more."

L.B.: "Grrrrr! Do I look like that sexy vampire guy in Twilight?"

Phoebe: "Momma is fixin' to yell at me for licking my leg again, so I'll stop until she looks away."

Fletcher: "You're so pretty! Let me kiss you on the cheek."
Phoebe: "God, I hate him. I cannot lick my leg when he does that."

L.B.: "I think I'm horny."

Sammi: "I'm going to go over here and look pathetic again. Maybe I'll get a Pringle from Daddy."

L.B.: "Yep, I'm horny! I'll just do a sneak attack while she's distracted."

Fletcher: "What the hell are you eating NOW?"

Phoebe: "Licking makes me sleepy."

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:15 AM

    that made me smile. BP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Oh, I just noticed Christmas, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! You are so good at making me laugh! You should write cards with your dogs (& cat). You made me feel better about always putting words to my guys & gals. Although I don't have pics, just make them talk whenever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥