Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Day of 2008

Let me start off by saying I feel so much better today! Dr. M's nurse called earlier and talked to me for awhile and made me feel so much better mentally about how I'm feeling. She said it's totally normal after the surgery I had because the stenosis was so severe to still have pain for up to 3-4 more weeks. (I don't think that sentence makes sense, but you know what I mean) And if I need the pain medicine, they'll refill it and not to worry about that. I guess I just needed someone "official" to tell me all of that. You never know if family is just telling you something just to make you feel better.

Anyway, so I feel much better in my head than I have been, and it even made me feel a litle better physically too. I even got out for the first time since surgery and drove to the pharmacy and got my meds, went and got myself some bigger tops to wear since all I had were too small (dammit), and I stopped at the pet store and got $42 worth of dog toys for my babies. They're gonna be so happy when I show them later. I think Fletch is the only one who suspects I might have them because he was jumping up to look on the counter and sniffing in the air at the bags. I faked him out by covering up the bags of toys with a towel and showing him an onion I had up there in a plastic bag. "See, Fletch? There isn't anything up here for you. It's just an onion."

We're not doing anything special for New Year's Eve. I'd be surprised if I'm even awake when the ball drops at midnight.

Y'all have a safe and happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. Oh cool! I'm glad you talked to the nurse and they aren't going to cut you off your pain meds. YOU DROVE?? That's great! I didn't think you could do that yet. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your pain dwindles, so we might see what recipe you come up with for that lonely onion. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥