Monday, December 29, 2008

Is it Monday?

I can't keep the days straight.

Okay, so I wasn't in the best frame of mind when I wrote yesterday's entry. Maybe today will be better.

My mom called last night and wants to come over and help with the dogs or house-cleaning or whatever since Barnaby went back to work today. I told her last night that I'd call her around noon and let her know how I felt. I mentioned that Barnaby was wanting some cookies, and that might be a good thing she could do when/if she comes over. I have tons of baking ingredients that I had bought in anticipation of making Christmas goodies, but I didn't use any of it because of surgery. In fact, I missed Christmas altogether, come to think of it. I'm not a big Christmas person so that was fine with me. But I digress.

So I have tons of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, powdered sugar, plain old sugar, etc., with which to make cookies and candy. But now I'm reconsidering the whole baking of cookies thing because I WEIGHED THIS MORNING and recoiled in horror at the number I saw. Ugh.

I'll call my mom and cancel the cooking-baking, but she can still come over if she wants to sit here and watch me sit here. I don't want her doing my laundry or cleaning my house, although both of those things need to be done. Especially the vacuuming. Five dogs and a cat = lots of hair to vacuum up. Plus, the weather has been nice enough the past few days to leave the back door open so Fletcher and Sammi can run in and out at will, and they both love to drag in leaves and twigs and even whole branches into the living room. All that stuff needs to be vacuumed up. I don't know why since they'll just drag in more stuff.

I need to get Barnaby to take a picture of my neck so y'all can see the incision on my neck. It really healed fast, and doesn't look too bad. My sister has had this surgery twice, and I think her scar is a little bit lower on her neck than mine is. She'll have to come over so we can compare scars.

Something weird is up with my ears/hearing. They feel like they are both stopped up, and I can't hear very well at all. I can hear a constant ringing sound, which is normal for me, but it seems worse. It's probably the meds or something. I'm not one to get ear infections.

Eww...I'm watching Regis & Kelly right now and Rick Springfield is performing right now. It's not good.

I'm sick of my hair being short. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it except wear a hat, and I look ridiculous in any kind of hat. I'm pretty sure it's too short to pin it up and wear some of that hair I bought last summer. I'm just too lazy to try it right now anyway.

Little Boy hasn't been feeling well the last few days. He's not eating or participating in any of Fletcher and Sammi's shenanigans. Hopefully it's just a stomach bug and he'll get better soon. I guess I'll offer him some chicken baby food and some white rice at their next meal time. I still have some left over from when Sammi was sick last time.

I'll stop rambling now. I need to call my mom and do a little crocheting. Thank goodness I can still crochet without my neck hurting. It would really suck if I couldn't at least do that.

Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥