Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Soup

I made this soup last night for dinner. It was so good, y'all. It's really nothing special, but I guess I was hungry and it really hit the spot. I got the recipe out of Taste of Home's Simple & Delicious Magazine. This recipe makes a bunch, so half it unless you are feeding a bunch of people or want a lot of leftovers.

Zesty Hamburger Soup

1 lb ground beef
2 cups sliced celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
4 cups hot water
2 medium red potatoes, peeled & cubed
2 cups frozen corn
1 1/2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
4 jarred jalapeno slices
32 oz. V8 juice (4 cups)
2 cans (10 oz each) Rotel tomatoes, undrained
1-2 Tbsp sugar

In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, potatoes, corn, pasta, and jalapeno.

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta & potatoes are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until heated through.

I didn't realize it until I just typed this that I forgot to add the sugar at the end. It was still good though. We did need to add salt because the V8 juice had enough in it I guess, but black pepper was a must.

Nutrition Facts: 1 1/2 cups equals 221 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated), 22 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 33 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.

****************
I just took a long nap and dreamed that I was in the hospital because somebody in my family was having a baby, and Adam Sandler was there because his wife was having a baby too. Then suddenly I was working part-time at the hospital and I was told they wanted to hire me full-time, but I had to talk to Adam Sandler first because he was the one who made the final decision. And it was for more money than I'd ever made before. That's all I can remember, and that's enough because it was stupid. Get out of my dreams, Adam Sandler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥