Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Morning

FYI...The cake recipe I posted is correct. There is no baking soda or baking powder in this recipe. I called my mother before I put mine in the oven just to make sure, and she confirmed it.

It's a cold and windy Saturday morning. The dogs woke me up, and when I looked at the clock it was 10 minutes until 8:00, so I decided to go ahead and get up and get the day started. After I made coffee, fed the dogs and let them out and back in and put away the clean dishes in the dish drainer, I looked up at the clock and it was only a little after 7:00. Doh! I hate when I do that.

I have no plans for the day, other than having no plans, and Barnaby is going to make me some built-in drawer dividers and a silverware tray. I shouldn't be excited over something so boring, but I am.

I could always finish sorting underclothes and tee-shirts and finally be done with the wardrobe/closet overhaul. Yes, they are still sitting there waiting to see if they will live a little longer, be given away, or be taken away with the garbage. I'll sit down and watch HGTV in a little bit. That always motivates me to do something around here.

Barnaby wants me to make Chicken Bog, so I'm going to do that later today. We really love that stuff. I'm just using chicken tenders today instead of whole pieces with bones, and I'm using turkey sausage. The recipe makes a ton, so we'll be eating it for days. I could half the recipe, but then I'd just have to cook something else.

I have never been a Coke drinker, but I've been drinking one or two a day lately. I'm convinced they've put crack in it because it's so damn good. I need to stop it, but I can't. That sugar is the devil, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. HGTV sounds like a great start to the day. Always motivates me too!
    You mean you haven't taught your dogs to tell time? ha ha! Savvy got me up at 7:30. She just couldn't wait for us to get up! Blasted dog! I love her though. Gotta go get bird cages cleaned. Have a great day, whatever you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥