Friday, November 07, 2008

Potatoes & Pies & Stuff

An easy and fast recipe:

Potato Soup Au Gratin

2 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
1 (5.5 oz) package Au Gratin Instant Potato Mix
1 (10.5 oz) can condensed chicken broth
3 cups water
1 cup heavy cream (I only used 1/2 cup and it was fine)
Green onion tops, chopped

In a large saucepan or pot, combine potatoes, au gratin potato mix (sauce mix and potatoes), chicken broth, and water. Add more water to cover if necessary. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, as soup will be thick, about 40 minutes. Stir in cream and heat through. Serve with green onions sprinkled over each bowl.

Note: Don't add salt! There is plenty of salty with the condensed chicken broth and potato mix.
*****************************

This is not the potato soup. Duh. It's apple pie!

Does anybody know what these are? I know my sisters both do! These are Puppy Dog Tails. They are made with the leftover scraps of pie crust dough, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and baked. My momma always made these when she made pies -- she still does because my dad likes Puppy Dog Tails too. I had some with coffee yesterday afternoon. Yummy.

And since the Puppy Dog Tails weren't enough, I had this at 9:00 last night!
********************
Random thoughts:
1. I hate the word "engorged."
2. I am the only person in the world who can lose a giant rolling pin in my kitchen. Where is it, DAMMIT?!
3. Speaking of rolling pins, my sister and her friend used to roll the backs of each other's thighs with a rolling pin to keep the cellulite away! Ha-ha! Do you remember that, Sister B? Did it work?
4. Why can't you find regular-size rolls of Life-Savers Hard Candy anymore? I had to buy one of those Christmas Books with the rolls of Life-Savers in them to get some, and those rolls were even bigger than the regular-size rolls you used to be able to get. What's up, Life-Savers?
5. I can't believe the Christmas crap is already out at the stores. Bah-Humbug. I'm sure all the retailers are really worried that Christmas sales will be a bust this year. All I know is they won't get my money!
I'm outta here.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I couldn't find any rolls of life savers candy here either. That's why I had that bag in my purse.

    Dog Tails! Yes! It would be worth rolling out pie dough just to have some of those childhood treats.

    Oh yeah.... and I have already bought some of the Christmas Crap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥